Welcome to Clarion Borough. . .
Home of the Autumn Leaf Festival, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion Area School District, many businesses, 7000 Borough residents and 7500 University students. Clarion has been recognized as the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry Community of the Year.
March 5, 2015
Clarion Borough Civil Service Commission Notice of Full-Time Police Officer Testing
The Clarion Borough Civil Service Commission will conduct a written examination followed immediately with the physical fitness test. The date will be March 31, 2015 at 9 a.m. in the Assembly Room at the Clarion Free Library, 644 Main Street, Clarion, Pennsylvania. There will be a two-hour time limit for the written exam and the physical fitness test will start at 12 Noon.
Applications may be obtained at the Borough Offices, 1400 East Main Street, Clarion, Pennsylvania from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Applicants must pick up and return the application in person, present a valid Driver’s License at pick up and pay a non-refundable $50.00 (cash, check, or money order) application fee. Deadline is March 20, 2015, no later than 1 p.m.
To review the complete set of requirements for this position, go to the Borough website at www.clarionboro.org. These requirements are mandatory and you must qualify and present the required documentation by the application due date in order to be eligible for the testing.
This is in accordance with the Clarion Borough Civil Service Rules and Regulations and the Pennsylvania Borough Code. EOE
Additional requirements and documentation required:
1. Documented 200 hours or more working as a municipal police officer in Pennsylvania within the past
2. Act 120 currently certified by MPOETC at time of application, no waivers permitted
3. High school diploma required, no GED’s accepted
4. A valid PA driver’s license
5. 21 years of age at least at time of application
6. Become a resident of Clarion County within one year after being hired
7. Must be a U.S. citizen
8. In addition to passing the written and physical ability test, the five highest scores will be required to participate in the oral examination. At this time a more extensive application will be required to complete in order for a background investigation to be completed. Also, whoever is the successful candidate will be required to pass a medical exam and a psychological exam before being hired.
March 2, 2015
COMMUNITY SERVICE DAY—APRIL 11, 2015
This program is sponsored by group of student volunteers from the Clarion University that wishes to assist the elderly and/or any individual with a disability that might need some small jobs done around their property. This could include such jobs as: painting a fence, cleaning up the yard, sweeping the driveway or sidewalks or helping out with other little projects. If you would like to receive this help please contact Megan at 393-2835 or Kelly at 393-1688.
The Public Works Department would like everyone to understand the streets are the priority to be plowed first and foremost and then the parking stalls are cleared. Also, owners are reminded to keep their sidewalks shoveled and cleared of snow and ice. Handicapped ramps are also the responsibility of the property owners. And, a final note, residents are urged to make sure their fire hydrants are shoveled out in case of an emergency.