Welcome to Clarion Borough…
2018 Clean-Up Day Information Cleanup Day Information
Clean-Up Day for Clarion Borough will be on May 19, 2018. Collection will start at 6:30 a.m. that morning until 11:30 a.m. at Clarion Borough Public Works located at 1148 Veterans Drive. There will be dumpsters at the Public Works Department that you may bring your items to. Businesses are included but must bring items to this location also. It will be removed promptly at 11:30 a.m. Proof of residency will be required; driver’s license or tax bill.
Items that will NOT be accepted are as follows:
- NO items containing Freon. This includes freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, and de-humidifiers.
- NO concrete products or construction materials
- NO tires
- NO batteries
- NO paint cans unless they are empty and dry, with lid off
- NO buckets with unidentified materials.
- NO household garbage
- NO brush or yard waste
- NO chemicals
- No electronic items, such as, cell phones, TVs, computers. This is due to a change in Pennsylvania Law. These items must now be recycled. Watch for Clarion County Information.
If you are in doubt of an item, please call the Public Works Department prior to Clean-Up Day at 226-6721 or the Borough at 226-7707.
The 2018 Recycling Calendar is now available! Please see the Recycling tab on this website or use this link:
Home of the Autumn Leaf Festival, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion Area School District, many businesses, 7000 Borough residents and 7500 University students. Clarion has been recognized as the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry Community of the Year.